Hotel refurbishment: a guide for hotel owners
Is a hotel refurbishment on your to do list? Perhaps you’ve read reviews on Trip Advisor saying your hotel bedrooms need an upgrade, or maybe your hotel lobby area is looking more 1915 than 2015? You know it’s time to get started, but you’re not completely sure where to start.
Approaching and planning a hotel refurbishment project can be a daunting task. For many interior designers and architects it’s a full time job… yet, if you’re an independent hotel owner or manager, you might be about to embark on a hotel refurbishment on top of your already demanding job.
What to consider before a hotel refurbishment
At the outset, the key questions are:
- What areas of your hotel need to be refurbished? The bedrooms, the restaurant, the bar?
- What is your budget?
- If you can’t stretch to everything straightaway, which areas of your hotel will take priority?
- Is there a particular event or peak holiday season you’d like the refurbishment to be completed by – or a quiet period when the project would cause minimum disruption and minimise the financial impact of having rooms offline?
The next step is to think about your preferred design style – and the star rating you need to maintain or are striving for:
- Are you aiming for 3*, 4* or 5*?
- Is it a boutique room design you’re looking for – or perhaps a stylish, functional space for the business traveller?
- What are the best room layouts and pieces of furniture to maximise your let-able space?
- You might also think about whether to employ a hotel interior designer or architect, depending on the size and scope of the project – or if you can manage it on your own.
Once you’ve started to think about these questions, it’s time to find the right supplier or suppliers.
How we can help with your hotel refit or refurbishment
Curtis is one of the longest-established hotel furniture manufacturers in the UK. We work with hotel owners, managers and interior designers to deliver beautiful hotel interiors – and provide as much or as little support as our clients want or need.
We can help you:
- Plan your room layouts – to create an impact and maximise your space
- ‘Get the best bang for your buck’ by recommending different finish and fabric options
- Choose the right style of furniture to create the look you want
- Plan your project to help ensure it misses your peak occupancy periods
- Consider the factors that will help to achieve a 3, 4 or 5 star rating
- Plus, we can recommend an interior designer or architect should you need one.
Whether you’re just at the ideas stage or you have a clear picture of your requirements, contact us for a brochure – and request a free refurbishment consultation at your hotel.
Follow us on Twitter
Find us on Linked In
Author: These useful tips have been provided by Gareth Brett, board director.